Friday, August 6, 2010

New house, new beginning!

So we're all moved in. We moved on July 22 and let me tell you, the day was much less than I thought it would be. The house was dirty and their were gouges in the walls from the previous owners. I was in tears as I left a message for our painters. Moving day had been ruined. 
I can't write much right now (the painters are here as we speak!!) but something happened that put all of this into perspective. A friend of mine at work told me that her house burnt down, right to the ground. Nothing can be salvaged. It happened at 2:30 am, her family just barely out the door before the entire house was engulfed. Her children have post traumatic stress, they can't sleep at night and need counselling. It broke my heart. Here I was complaining about a few dings in the wall and they had lost everything. Obviously, I'll be doing what I can to help them out but this will always stick in my head as a reminder to recognize all that I have been blessed with. In Maddie's words, this house is 'just perfect'. It's being surrounded by Mike and my babies; that's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment